Do you think you have hearing loss? Are you experiencing some hearing difficulties and think you might need a hearing test? Here are 10 typical signs of hearing loss for you to consider:
- Feeling like people mumble
- Increasing the volume of the television/radio
- Difficulty hearing on the telephone
- Difficulty following conversations with two or more people
- Difficulty hearing in noisy environments
- Difficulty hearing from a distance
- Having to focus to understand conversations
- Having to ask people to repeat
- Answering something unrelated to the subject – making for funny conversations
- Difficulty hearing the beginning and end of sentences
More often than not, hearing loss is gradual. For that reason, it can be hard to notice that any changes in your hearing have even occurred. Typically it is the people in your life (friends and family) who will be the first to notice! If they find the courage to bring up the subject and talk to you about it, it means that they have noticed that your hearing difficulties are not only affecting your life, but also affecting the life of those around you.
If this is the case, schedule a hearing test so you can find out for yourself if there really is something going on. We will take it one step at a time and provide you with counselling and options of solutions if you require any.
Don’t take chances with your hearing or wait for your loved ones to express a concern. Contact our Audiologist at Echo Audiology, your Orléans hearing clinic, today to schedule a hearing test at no cost for adults.
Because signs of hearing loss shouldn’t be ignored.
Information obtained from various sources and www.canadianaudiology.ca; modified by Karine Bossé