The Clinic is Open!
COVID-19: Safety Measures at Echo Audiology
As per the directives from the College of Speech-Language Pathologists & Audiologists of Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Health, we are now allowed to reopen the clinic! We have established safety measures and protocols as per their guidelines and recommendations, to help keep our patients and our team safe, such as:
- Daily COVID screening of staff
- COVID screening in place for all patients and visitors (ex: accompanying persons) who are scheduled for an appointment
- Sneeze guard at the front desk and in the Audiology room
- Hand sanitizer available for use throughout the clinic
- Universal masking is implemented for your safety and ours, as per our College recommendations.
- Chairs in the waiting area have been positioned to respect social distancing
- Following directives, disinfecting of high touch surfaces after each visit will be done, as well as disinfecting of moderately and low touch surfaces twice per day, using approved Government Products
- Additional time added to the schedule to allow for proper disinfecting
- Only one patient is scheduled at a time
- Staff to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (ex: mask, gloves, shield as needed) and use proper respiratory & hand hygiene
At your Appointment
- Come into the clinic no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Use of mask for the duration of your time in the clinic
- Come alone if you can. If assistance is needed (ex: parent or guardian, mobility, etc), we ask that there only be one accompanying person. This person will also need to go through COVID screening, as well as wear a mask
- Use the hand sanitizer on the counter as soon as you walk into the clinic.
- Respect physical distancing once you are in the clinic
To help limit the number of people at the clinic, walk-ins are not permitted at this time. Please call us to schedule an appointment if you require our help. Appointments that can be done remotely, virtually or at curbside may continue to be done as such until further notice.